New rules for the external membership 2021
As some of you might have heard, there is a new legal regulation in place since 1 January 2021 concerning the external membership of Pension Funds. Although external membership was already possible before that date, it must now be offered by all Swiss pension funds and its main characteristics have now been defined by the law.
The new regulation allows us to offer the following:
- An extended external membership until age 65, IF the old-age benefits are taken as monthly pension payments (so no capital option at retirement anymore). This extension is possible for all those who become an external member after age 55. For younger external members, the limitation of 2 years stays in place.
- Savings contributions are voluntary, only risk contributions are still a must: the insured salary for "Risk" and "Savings" can be chosen independently of each other within the following limits:
- The annual insured salary "Risk" has to be between CHF 3'585 and your previous salary and must not exceed 10 times the maximum OASI pension (currently CHF 28'680)
- The annual insured salary "Savings" has to be between CHF 0 and your previous salary and must not exceed 30 times the maximum OASI pension (currently CHF 28'680)
- The underlying annual salary for the insured salary "Savings" must not be higher than that for the insured salary "Risk"
For questions, please refer to the full information on external membership or get in touch with us.